After having great feedback on the diy to the avocado mask i posted about a week ago, i have decided to share this other mayonnaise protein treatment i use to prevent breakage and retain strength in my hair routine. Like the avocado mask, all this ingredients are found in the kitchen and pretty easy to come about. Mayonnaise acting as the base ingredient ,moisture’s and nourishes hair. The vinegar it contains has a healthy ph which in turn restores damaged hair. Protein in mayonnaise prevents hair breakage by filling the gap in the hair strands. Mayonnaise protects hair from damages caused by styling products and hair colorants. It helps in restoring dry and damaged hair and frizz in curly hair.
You will need;
- 1 egg yolk.
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of honey
- an amount of mayonnaise which will be enough for your hair. Process
- Add mayonnaise with olive oil , coconut oil and honey as you mix together evenly.
- Separate egg white from yolk and add yoke mixing thorough to achieve a creamy texture.
- Apply evenly in hair from roots to tip as massaging scalp.
- Cover hair with shower cap or nylon rubber for at least an hour or two and then wash off later. You can do this mask at least twice in a month alongside the avocado mask i posted a few weeks ago.
Have you tied this diy before? how did it work for you? Are there other hair masks you have been using? I will like to know feed backs in comments down below.